Main research fields
- Macromolecular engineering: Synthesis and characterization of functionalized (co)polymers through controlled polymerization techniques (anionic polymerization and ATRP, RAFT polymerization):
1. Synthesis of macromonomers based on styrene derivatives.
2. Synthesis and characterization of polyacrylamides hydrophobically modified
3. Water soluble polymers prepared by CRP techniques for antifouling applications.
- Development of materials (polyurethanes, epoxy and alkyd resins) from renewable sources: vegetable polyols and glycerol from biodiesel production.
1. Epoxy resins and polyurethanes based on aminated or phosphonated vegetable polyols for anti-corrosive coatings
2. Vegetable polyol phosphates as corrosion inhibitor for AISI1020
3. Biopolyurethane composites based on industrial waste
- Dental adhesives from acrylamide derivatives.
Collaboration Project with the Odontology Faculty at UFRGS (Prof. Fabricio Mezzomo Collares) and at UFPel (Prof. Evandro Piva).